Congratulations Glenda Montgomery of Charleston, SC!
Glenda Montgomery Quality Assurance/Continuous Improvement/Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt/Project Management Professional Charleston, SC
Thank you everyone for following and submitting answers! We had a great time getting all the answers and hearing from everyone. Here are all the questions and answers:
1. Why can’t investigators start root cause analysis steps for the missing Malaysian Flight 370? The problem has not yet be defined... or identified. You have to know what the problem is before finding a root cause(s).
2. What does PDSA mean? Plan, Do, Study, Act
3. Which two international standards does ISO 19011 support? ISO 9000 Quality Management and ISO 14000 Environmental Management
4. ISO/TS 16949 is frequently referred to as “TS”. What does TS mean in TS 16949? Technical Standard
5. What does FMEA mean? Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
6. Complete this sentence. “A problem well stated is a problem half _____ .” - Charles F. Kettering Solved
7. Which SC-based automotive OEM just announced a $1 billion investment in expanding? BMW. You can read about here.
The Charleston Section of ASQ (American Society for Quality) will hold its annual quality conference on April 24th & 25th. The Lowcountry Quality Conference is a fun, local, 3-day event aimed at improving the quality of your products and/or services. The conference consists of a blend of technical workshops, 3 options for an in-depth tour of some of the best of Charleston, social networking events, and talks from some of the most profound quality practitioners in the world. This year features a dozen talks and/or workshops, 3 VIP Tours at the new Clemson SCE&G Wind Power Turbine Testing facility, Charleston Water Systems Treatment facility and Carnival Fantasy tour & luncheon. The Keynote will be given by Dr. George Benson, President of the College of Charleston and long-time quality supporter through his membership on the board of directors of The Foundation for the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. This year's theme is Quality in Practice and will give attendees an opportunity to learn how quality practices can improve their organizations bottom line.